Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day: My "Personal Day"

Mother's Day weekend was fabulous though not as relaxing as I would've hoped. That Saturday started with the boys' soccer games. Both boys played really well this week! They were fun to watch. Their games were at the same time so I would sit at one and Aaron at the other and then we would switch at half time. It's a bummer because you miss half of each game but a bonus because then you can get on with your day when the games are finished. That afternoon there was a birthday party for a sweet little friend turning 2. I had to leave the party early to go and sing the Momism song at our church's Saturday service.

Mom took me to the church. It was so fun to have her there! She was such an encouragement and I could tell she was proud. *thumbs up* I flubbed this performance up. It wasn't terrible but I forgot the words for just a second. With the speed that this song goes at, that was at least a sentence. Thankfully I was able to very quickly recover and finished the song with a lot of sparkle. The Sat. night service is usually pretty small so messing up with that group was not so bad. Everyone still seemed impressed and it was just so fun! I felt better about doing it with the next two services on Sunday.

I got the boys ready for bed and reminded them that we have church in the morning.

"I don't want to go to church." Drew said, "I just want to take a 'Personal Day.'" Hilarious! Were did he get that from?

Mother's Day morning Drew woke me up with a loud "Happy Mother's Day!" Then he promised that I could have breakfast in bed.

"Today is your 'Personal Day' mom! You can have breakfast in bed and you can stay in bed all day and watch t.v. Brother and I will do all the work!"

He took my order for breakfast: organic vanilla yogurt and granola. Then I layed in bed cringing while I heard all of the clattering and banging going on (with an occasional "oops!") in the kitchen.

"MOM! WHERE'S THE YOGURT?!"

*sigh*

A little while later, breakfast is served on a Star Wars tray. There was way more granola then yogurt and...what's this? This was not my organic vanilla. No, no, this was a Danimals Crush Cup. Oh my stars people! Do not eat these and do not buy them for your children! It was disgusting! I ate what I could while a parade of flowers and home made cards came my way. I especially loved the card from my sweet husband that included a gift card to Message Envy. ;) Also, sweet was the boys trying to fold the clothes that they pulled out of the dryer....

At church everything went great! It was so fun!!!! I love performing. I got a standing ovation in each service! Now, THAT'S the way to start your day people. Especially moms! It was so fun! Did I already say that? The boys saw the second service performance. When I came out from back stage they ran up and jumped in my arms. Well, Gabriel jumped inmy arms. Drew sort of wrapped around my leg. Gabriel said, "Mom! I had NO idea you could sing like that!"

Really? All the time you heard me practicing or the times I sing in the car...? Hahaha! Maybe the mics had some instant editing in it or something.

After service we had lunch with my mom on her back deck. (Her favorite thing to do!) The weather was just perfect! (Please God make next weekend exactly the same. It would really help with keeping the cupcakes cool.) After lunch with mom, the boys had me get back in bed to continue my "Personal Day." I watched some black and white on TMC. It was lovely. Then it was up-and-at-em again to take my mother-in-law to dinner.

Aaron had reservations for us at Buca de Beppo. Yummy! The food was so good. In the middle of the meal Drew had to use the restroom. Somehow he managed to pee all over the bathroom floor. That was great. I got some paper towels and cleaned the floor. (Where was all that "Personal Day" talk now?) The best part of the meal though was dessert. We got the Calousel Brownie Sundae. Let me tell you, it lives up to the name! Drew was so funny. He instructed our server to place it right in the middle of the table where everyone can reach it. It was also right in front of him. This boy was in Heaven!

I ended my day with a long, hot bubble bath! What a great day! I love my job. I have to admit that I don't remember playing a lot with my mom. I just remember her working in the house all the time. Moms work so hard. I hope that all the moms had great days and that you all were good to your moms. Now I need to go and re-fold some laundry...

No comments:

Post a Comment