Monday, December 5, 2011

When Santa Vomits

We have 12.5 inches of snow on the ground.  The earth has absorbed some of it because when I measure what is on the patio table its 19.5.  I have a love hate relationship with these conditions.  I love to be inside, by the fire with some Bailey's spiked cocoa, admiring the snowy scenery from the warm side of the window.  However, the mountain never shuts down and I have to drive my son to band and then go on to my tap class. 

I could skip both but Gabe has a concert coming up and I missed last weeks tap class due to a stomach virus.  I have the least experience in the class and can not afford to miss any.  The instructor says I'm doing great but so far I can't crack a smile.  I must appear to be very serious.  I don't know what I am.  I'm nervous and embarrassed.  I hate when I'm not good at things.  I must be a glutton for punishment though because I keep putting myself in situations where I perform lousy.  You know, like kitchens and dance schools.

I was still nervous driving this morning but I managed not to white knuckle it or cry.  I was remembering the first time I got "caught in the snow."  I was buying groceries when about 10 flurries fell from the sky.  I prayed through clenched teeth the whole way home.  Hahaha!  I guess I am a little more mountainy now then I thought.

So now that I have run all of my errands; I am "in" for the day!  There is no where I prefer to be this time of year then at home!  I think my home is just beautiful when decorated for Christmas.  Yuletide touches are in every bit of my house.  Even the bathroom has an especially cute Christmas shower curtain and some other fun accessories. 

One Christmas Past, Shalah visited. 

"Michal, your house looks beautiful....  I mean, it's like Santa threw up all over the place!"

Yea!  What a compliment! 

Here is a little tour for you:
Best seat in the house


The lounge...so to speak.

The Holiday does not begin until Auntie Cutie's mistletoe arrives!

I think books make such pretty decorations.  I have more on top of the piano.

This year I went for some live garland.  I have the faux garland my mom used when we were growing up.  I felt like it was getting a little chewed up looking.  I may have to bring it back out though because it is hard keeping live garland fresh in dry, dry Colorado!

The nativity I painted a few years ago on the basement mantle.

The scene outside makes the basement's look complete!
 I have scads more photos but I'll just leave you with this last one, my favorite!

I love peeking into my sleeping boys' room that is lit up with their own little tree!
The kitchen has Christmas towels and pot holders draped about.  Glass icicles hang above my sink and the chalk board wall fills in as a type of advent for us.  I've drawn a huge Christmas tree on it and the Little's draw an new ornament on it every day.  There are a few hints of the season in the guest room as well.  So...what do you think?  Too much?  Does it look like Santa has spewed his good cheer?

No comments:

Post a Comment