Thursday, August 12, 2010

He lives! Jesus and My Dog.

Unfreakin'-believable!!!!

After talking to Pete I called Animal Control and placed a free classified. We cut up one of our moving boxes, dug out my paints and made a sign: LOST white male shitzu/poodle. Deaf and blind. Wears a diaper. Call: (xxx)xxx-xxxx.

Sometime this afternoon I get a call from Animal Control. They got a call from a kind lady named Barb. I called Barb and learned that she lives about 1/2 a mile up the road from us. She saw Theodore at about 6:00 this a.m. wandering around in her horse corral. She was worried he would get trampled and could tell from her window that he was disoriented.

I was so thrilled that he had been found! Seriously. I was really rooting for him. He has quite the legacy now. I was also glad it was Barb who found him because I have been wanting to drive up her road. Looks so pretty...!

I pulled up and he was dingier and more matted then just the day before. His eyes were barely open. She said he had slept all day. I picked him up and his little heart was beating a mile a minute. He was panting a lot. How he made it through the night is a mystery! I think there is a sticker or something in his back paw because he walks like his feet are tender but I'll investigate that tomorrow. Right now he needs rest.

Aaron said "Nothing is going to eat him. Too unappetizing." I agree. They probably think this old meat would be like jerkey.

Well, he is tough. And I'm so proud of him! I brought the old stinker home. He drank a ton of water, went into the bathroom where I keep his diapers (his was gone) and then laid down in a pile of dirty clothes in the bedroom. He's been asleep for about 2 hours now.

Hmm...better go and check on him to make sure he's still breathing...

No comments:

Post a Comment