Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday

What I'm Loving Wednesday is a fun idea I've seen on a couple of other blogs.  I don't think I will be doing it every week but I thought I'd do one today.  So here we go!

When Aaron and I first got married he told me that he did not want to feel like he was living in a woman's home.  No floral prints on the furniture, draperies or dishes.  So I've always kept that in mind while making our house a home.  I think the result is eclectic and warm.  But one of my favorite things is this little touch of femininity in the corner of the bathroom vanity:
And this one on my dresser:
I'm also loving Airborne Toxic Event.  Well...there is a lot of music I'm loving right now but let's just highlight this band today:
Also check out their song, "Does This Mean You're Moving On."

Drew is my carbon copy, personality wise.  One thing he and I both struggle with is holding our tongue.  Drew has developed a method that works well for him.  When he wants to tell mom and dad off (or anyone else for that matter) he does this:
Looks funny but really this is very wise of him and I'm trying to adopt it as well.  I don't know if I should laugh or fume when I see him do this to me because I know he is thinking all kinds of nasty things in his head about me but I have to applaud the self-control.  This is a friendly version of the look he gives.  Lower those eyebrows into a scowl and you'll have a better idea of The Look.

One of my favorite things to do is to browse through the amazing photography of my friend April.  I shared a link to her page in my Spring Cleaning blog but I'm linking you to her blog again because her pics are AMAZING!!  If you are lucky enough to live in the Houston area call her and get your family pics done!  Weddings, family photos, baby's first pics,Senior portraits, etc. Run don't walk HERE!!

And the thing that really has me pumped this Wednesday is that my two childhood friends, Olivia Ward and Hannah Curlee have made it to the FINALS of this season's Biggest Loser!!!!!
They have always been beautiful and now they are GORGEOUS!  Even better than how they have toned and shaped their bodies is the way their already powerful inner strength has been chiseled and polished into something mighty, mighty!!!  Love you girls.  Miss you O!  Hopefully I can get back to NY again sometime soon...

2 comments:

  1. I love the eclectic touch to your bathroom..very nice! And I LOVE the BL sisters!! Hoping one of them win next week! Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The BL sisters are such great women!They have been a real light this season. I can't wait for Tuesday night.... Can't stop smiling and praying for them!

    ReplyDelete