Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Baby You Can Drive My Car

I am writing under the influence so be more gracious then usual for my mistakes. (2 glasses of wine in...)

So Dancing with the Stars. Shannen "chicken legs" Daugherty was kicked off and Kate Gosselin was saved. You have got to be kidding me. There is a part of me who is glad that Kate is staying. This part of me thinks that dance can save her a bit from herself. I would love to see her learn how to submit a bit to her teacher and partner and to let loose and have fun a bit. Mostly, I wanted to see her go. I'm sick of looking at her bitter-sour face. I can't take much more of it. You are DANCING woman! You have been given the opportunity to learn from the best and to do nothing but dance and you have to grimace through the whole thing?! What the hey?!!! She has THE nicest dance instructor of them all. The most tender, patient, happy of them all. He is so chipper in fact that he annoys me but I thought he was a good match for her because I thought she could use chipper, patient, tenderness. She is impossible! She has serious control issues.

The interesting thing about dance is that it is such a tasty combination of losing control and having control. The dancer lets the music move her and lets the body move loose and just the freedom in the movement. At the same time they have incredible control of their bodies. It's a fabulous combination of contradiction!

I think that something that people with control issues don't realize is that with submission there is still an element of having control of one-self. For instance with us and God. God lets us have free will. We can love Him and live for Him if we so choose. Not that He does not have the power to make us worship Him. He does. But then it's not genuine worship. So to submit to God or whatever authority figure is in your life is to make a concious decision (controlled decision) to do so. Anything else is force/rape.

I like to have control. I like to know what's coming when and how. But I also like when someone who knows the road better, drives. Kate...Tony knows dance better! Let him drive! She looks like she is fighting over the steering wheel with him. It's just tragic.

In the mean time I am boo hooing through the Macy's dancers for Haitti. Not because of the tragedy that hit there but because I just want to dance! I just want to learn to do this so bad!! This year...I'm going to have to tackle this bad boy. Maybe...

1 comment:

  1. I was watching last night and all I could think of was 'Smile Kate!' I have never seen anyone look so mad while having fun.

    ReplyDelete